Director of Family Engagement
Full-Time Position (40+ hours /week, including evenings and weekends as necessary)
You May Be A Perfect Fit If…
Auburn First United Methodist Church is eager for a Director with a unique skill set to bring a high level of passion and energy for engaging families at every stage of life. The ideal candidate for this role enthusiastically seeks Christ and desires to join others wherever they are on their faith journey. This person believes that children and youth are not the next generation to make an impact for God, but rather a generation who is and can make an impact today. This director would inspire our children and youth to desire to serve and help others to know Christ’s love and grace. They will be a relationally-driven person who builds commitment and trust with families as well as trains and equips them for lifelong faith. The director will join a vibrant pastoral staff and administrative team committed to children, youth and their families.
Our Story: Auburn First UMC is a growing community of faith, seeking to bring Christ-like unconditional love and acceptance to all. We value being a church of the community where ministry happens being immersed in our community. Our goal is to build missional disciples who will transform our community and our world. We are looking forward to the completion of a large building project that has already resulted in brand new youth and children’s ministry environments.
● Hungry to build community among families and youth
● Relates well with children, teens, AND adults
● Understands the broad and ever-changing dynamics of family and is willing to equip and partner with them
● Passionate about engaging and integrating children and teens into the life of the church
● Proactive in recruiting and developing volunteer team members to love and lead well.
● Effectively manages self-care
Requirements and/or Preferences:
● Undergraduate degree, preferably in a ministry-related field
● Previous ministry experience is a plus!
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Jim Farrer, email@example.com. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Applications accepted until May 28th.